Getting into the business world as an entrepreneur has a lot of ifs and buts. They say grab the opportunity as it seldom came. It is easier said than done especially if you have a lot of worries if your business is going to be successful or not. You always dream of getting rich but how can it be done if you are not doing anything to make it come true.
Everyone would like to set up or run their own business but is afraid of the consequences. What if the business fails? What about the return on investments or ROI? Can you take back what is lost? These are some of the questions that prevent you from making your creative idea into a reality. You can dream as much as you like but you can never achieve anything if do not make some action.
What is an Entrepreneur?
Entrepreneur is an individual who gambles to benefit from an opportunity. He decides how, how much and what kind of a service or goods to be produced. He is the one who provides risk capital. And aside from being a risk taker as well, he is a sole proprietor or a partner that monitors and controls every activities of the business.
Traits of an Entrepreneur
- He has the skills of organizing and putting everything in place.
- He has the drive to go for his dream and make it happen.
- He has the leadership ability that motivates others.
- He has the skills and the knowledge on how to operate a certain business.
- He must have it his blood.
Advantages of an Entrepreneur
- You are your own boss. You have the freedom to choose what kind of business to run. You can set your own schedule of work and most especially, decide what you want to do each day.
- They are satisfied personally. They are passionate about their business and they are doing it because of love.
- Possible increased income. They are always positive and assume a good return on investment.
- A greater self-esteem is developed. Running your own business has its rewards. You are the reason why it’s successful.
Disadvantage of an Entrepreneur
- There is a greater risk of income loss. There is a high rate of failure for those that are just starting their business.
- Irregular hours. Though you set your own schedule, it will still be long hours of work.
- Implement discipline. You should keep up with much tiresome and time consuming work and you have no right to be sick.
Consider the following steps for you to catch that entrepreneur spirit. Remember the saying, “No guts no glory”. Just see the brighter side.
- Never let your fear affect you. If you do not overcome what’s troubling you, nothing will be accomplished.
- Take some action. Don’t just sit there and dream. Reach for your goal.
- Make a list of your priorities. First things first. Prioritize what you have to do first before anything else.
- Do not be a paranoid. Do not think too much resulting in negative thoughts.